Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a heart to heart.


Free me from my former addictions, Father,

for I don't wanna thirst after them ever again.

I've done wrong, for too long.

I'm sorry, I'm tired.

You're pure, I'm not.

Can't do this on my own, wouldn't know where to start, Father.

I stand here, vulnerable, naked, exposed, showing you what I've never shown another.

what I would never dare tell a soul.

Please don't betray me, I couldn't bear it,

I'm not as strong as I portray.

Cut me, and I will bleed, speak ill of me, and it does hurt, in as much as I may say differently, it grieves me because of the vicious lies and scandals spoken against me.

Don't they know me? don't they know I would never!

I guess not.

Wait a minute..., are You still here, Father?

soul exposed, past pains revealed, and You're still here?

Can this be? truly be, surely be, that you love me despite it all?

That I have not frightened you away or made you avoid eye contact with me?

wow..., I guess it is then, LOVE. AGAPE.

Thank you Father.

1 comment: